COST LOGO competition
COST Action is looking for a new visual identity and needs your help. On behalf of the Organizing Committee we have the pleasure to invite you to attend the COST logo contest. We are looking for Participants who can design a creative and innovative logo, which will help us promote our Action. The logo should represent fundamental objectives of our European Upconversion Network: networking on fundamental and applied research dedicated to upconverting nanomaterials. Below, you will find some technical requirements concerning logo design, contest rules & submission details. The rest is in your hands !
The contest begins on November 20th, 2015. Submissions will be accepted until the end of February 2016. All entries must be submitted electronically by e-mailing the picture with full name and affiliations of the person who designed the logo to email@example.com. One or more submissions per person is acceptable. In order to participate, the contestants have to assign all ownership rights including all intellectual property rights to the logo, to COST Action. Such statement should be attached to the e-mail with the submitted graphics.
The winner will be selected by the Management Committee formed by national experts of the signatory countries of the CM1403 COST action. The winner will be announced during the conference, because the awards for the author of the winning logo are:
1. The Logo will be printed on all of conference/spring school gadgets for all of Conference/Spring School participants
2. Winning logo will be official logo of the European Upconversion Network COST action
3. A personal gift will be prepared
Technical Requirements for the Logo graphics:
• Logo must be easily reproducible and scalable for large and small formatting. The logo must be easy to use, handle, resize, and manipulate for all reproduction purposes. The attowed file formats are .tiff, .pdf.
• The image size of the file must be 5 cm x 5 cm. The logo must look good in color or black and white. The optimal resolution is 600 dpi.
• Logos cannot contain copyrighted material. Logos must be created and edited by the contestant. Logos may not include images or licensed images that have been previously published.
• Logo may be featured on COST website, our conference materials and other mediums.